Sunday, October 14, 2007

3 Ward Fast

Joy is feeling good today. Very good. In fact, she got to take a walk around the hospital. She also ate part of ALL of her meals today (first time this has happened). She has been alert, happy and joking around.

Her white blood cell count is still the same, but she is FEELING better.

The real miracle of the day, however, is that members of three different wards participated in a fast for her today. Ken's parents' ward, the Holladay 4th ward, Joy's parents' ward and Ken and Joy's home ward all sacrificed for Joy. Both Ken and Joy are deeply grateful for the faith and love of all the wards' members.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, we are all praying for you. You know how much we study abroad girls love you. I fasted for you today (I was really hungry but I made it!) I feel bad I don't live closer, so I could help with your kids or anything else your family might need. Just know how much we all love you and are pulling for you. You're the best.
Love, Liz Hokanson

Anonymous said...

Joy, Heather and I were so astonished to hear your news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We had a family fast in your honor yesterday all the way out in Hingham, MA. You are such an amazing person and we wish you the very best. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We love you and your family. Please know how wonderful we think you are. I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to become friends with you and Ken while we lived in the River 6th Ward. You are in our prayers!
All our love,
Vaughn Curtis and Heather Larsen
Hingham, MA

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Joy,just found your blog. You are beautiful. I am glad to know that I can keep updated on your progress. We all love you and you are in our prayers. Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.