Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Joy had a FANTASTIC Halloween! (pictures coming soon.) She got to watch 24 (scary, i think, even when it's not halloween).

Unfortunately, her Typhlitus has been causing her a lot of pain over the last couple of days. She's now on some opiates from an IV that have been helping her feel better. She also had the tube taken out of her collarbone. This means that it will be easier for her when she returns home.

And . . . the big news is . . . her white blood cell count (the good kind) went from 8 on Monday to 80 on Tues. Hooray! If they continue to increase, she can return home.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Joy, we are so happy to hear about the good white blood cell news and that you had a good Halloween! We think of you daily and send lots of love your way!

Melissa said...

Yes, what would we do without those great painkillers? I am glad to hear about the good news. We are thinking of you always!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Hope you get to go home sooner rather than later!

Thinking of you,

Steph

Birdie Song said...

Joy, Glad to hear you're feeling better than last week. Way to go drugs!

L.and.R said...

OPIATES!! Can't wait to hear about them!! I bet it will be nice to be home. Talked to Bob K the other day and he is checking in on you too. Take care.

Loves,

Lori

Ginger said...

From 8 to 80? That's marvelous! Sorry about the pain levels. Opiates help me every day of my life, and they haven't made me crazy yet! Pain DID make me crazy. Please continue to get help when you can!

Joy, you are an incredibly strong woman. We love you a lot, a lot.

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to update everyone on Joy. I only now Ken and Joy through my brother and have met here and there, but you all inspire me. I want you to know that I am one of the MANY people that are praying for you guys, I think about you often. Please remember how many people are praying for you and know that prayers are answered. Congrats on the white blood cell count, a day at a time. I am hoping and praying for you to get home with those babies ASAP!! Take care!!

Jen Rip Johnson